Conditional Sentences


.

Conditional Sentences are also known as Conditional Clause or If Clause. They are use to express that the action in the main clause (without if) can only take place if a certain condition (in the clause with if) is fulfilled. There are three types of Conditional Sentences.

1. Conditional Sentences Type 1 -> it is possible and also very likely that the condition will be fulfilled.
Form : if + Simple Present, Will Future
Example : if I find her addres, I’ll send her an invitation.

2. Conditional Sentences Type 2 -> it is possible but very unlikely, that the condition will be fulfilled.
Form : if + Simple Past, Conditional I (= would + infinitive)
Example : if I found her addres, I would send her an invitation.

3. Conditional Sentences Type 3 -> it is impossible that the condition will be fulfilled because it refers to the past.
Form : if + Past Perfect, Conditional II (= would + have + Past Participle)
Example : if I had found her address, I would have sent her an invitation.

sumber : www.ego4u.com

One Response to “Conditional Sentences”

  1. Anonim says:

    nice posting...

Your Reply